What a blessing today has been! I have been shadowing my Dad's college roommate and staying with his family. Although the day was long, I definitely saw a different side of family practice than I had seen in Ft Smith with the other doc. Today, I saw what kind of doctor I want to be. One who speaks truth, who will pray with patients as God leads, who will take opportunities to tie faith to the healing process, who is patient and kind and gentle with words yet stands firm in speaking truth.
It has also been so encouraging to hang out in a home with a family. There are six kids in the family and there is never a dull moment. Except for 6 a.m. when only the parents and I were awake. Those quite moments were the first truly quiet moments I'd had with the Lord in too long. It was so peaceful. It was raining outside, and I just spent time praying over a cup of hot tea and bowl of granola.
Random thoughts
1. iPod touch - would probably be a good investment? The doc today pulled up a medication function through an app on his. Graduation present perhaps?
2. Summer goal - read a book each week this summer
(This week's book: Three Cups of Tea)
3. Start running/biking/walking or something consistently. Think about all the weight-related health problems that plague so many people - and for the most part, that is preventable with good diet and exercise.
4. Learn to cook - veggies and protein especially!
5. Quote from "Prayer is better than sleep" from the hazzan (call to prayer in Islam) - how much more true is that in our lives as followers of Christ?!
No comments:
Post a Comment